Connect to a HP Wireless Printer
With the proliferation of inkjet printing in the 1980s, home printers became affordable. But the it had to be connected to the machine without providing a home network. The printer was the computer’s slave. Only that machine could send jobs to it for printing. And if the printer was on, you could not do it if the machine was switched off.
Printers have also gotten smart. (That’s why we call our printing app “HP Smart.”) These days mostly all printers are HP Wireless Printers. It is freed from the machine when a it is linked to the home network. The print command comes from the router, not the device, so any laptop, tablet, phone, or digital assistant can order a print from anywhere in the house (like Amazon’s Alexa, Apple’s Siri, and Google’s assistant).
Wireless printing has gotten much better than that, actually.
Are Wireless Printers Secure?
When you tap your network, your HP Wireless printer uses the same wireless protection mechanisms as other Wi-Fi gadgets (such as laptops and cell phones) use. It ensures your Wi-Fi printer is protected by providing passwords and encryption.
Keep Your Software Updated.
Remember to keep the program for your printer up to date. Printers may have bugs, just like every machine, router or other device on your network, and updates are provided by their hardware manufacturers to keep your system secure.
Both printers have a simple installation procedure that is either wired or wireless configuration, where the HP Printer Setup steps vary with each of them.
Wireless Windows 10 Printer Setup :
- Unpack the printer package: Start by removing it from the box and removing the tape and material from the box.
- If it is all-in-one, strip the packaging material from the glass of the scanner too. Be sure to remove the packaging material from the input tray near the carriage and paper.
- Connect the printer to the power source: Now connect and switch the printer computer on to the power source. Set country, time and region from the Control Panel thereafter.
- Ink cartridge alignment and installation. Now it’s time to mount the ink cartridges and align them. Follow the measures listed below to do so:
- Start by opening the access door of the ink cartridge. Before moving to the next stage, the user needs to wait patiently until the carriage is idle and quiet.
- Now, before loading them into the carriage, remove the tape from the ink cartridges with a lot of care.
- Close the cartridge access door carefully and follow the directions on the printer.
- Now, as a final step, follow the instructions on the alignment page to complete the alignment of the ink cartridge.
Setup HP wireless printer for MAC :
- Prepare for installation: Make sure you have collected the necessary details before setting up a wireless printer, such as the name of the network, network password, device, Internet connection and wireless printer. Make sure the printer, modem, and machine are switched on. Also, verify that the device is linked to the same wireless network that would be connected to the printer. The ink cartridges are then correctly calibrated and loaded into the input tray and assembled.
- Link a printer to a wireless network: These steps below will work with a WPS:: enabled router :
- Start by pressing the wireless button on the control panel and holding it.
- The user will release the button once the wireless light starts blinking.
- Click and release the WPS button on your wireless router within two minutes.
- Now, the user needs to wait patiently for two minutes until a network connection is formed by the router and printer.
- The wireless light will then be turned on and will be secure until the printer connects to the network.
Downloading and installing the printer software: To download and install the printer driver, carefully follow the steps below:
- Click on the “Download” link and start by visiting “123.hp.com/LaserJet”.
Open the Downloads folder from the Mac dock and click on the ‘HP Quick Start’ file to begin the installation process.
- If “Easy Start” does not open on its own, the user must double-click the “HP Easy Start” second file from the “Downloads” folder.
- Finally, follow the on-screen directions carefully to finish the installation process for the program.
The Wi-Fi printers’ wireless setup typically works by connecting to a router that provides the printer with internet access. However, if your printer is wired to Bluetooth rather than Wi-Fi, the process can differ slightly.
The HP wireless printer facilitates and provides access to multiple users. But the difference here is that it does not connect with any network or cable.
It connects via Wi-Fi to a computer, i.e. this HP Wireless printer connects to a route rather than to an individual computer. In contrast to a standard wired printer, a HP wireless printer consumes much more time to set up. Time is also typically taken because of the information needed to grant entry, i.e. you have to enter all computer network details along with the password of your Wi-Fi to be filled out in the configuration of the HP wireless printer.
The HP Wireless printer will be able to detect the router and then connect to it after entering the correct password.
You may also need to install a software installation like HPP on the computer.
We addressed ‘HP Wireless Printer Setup Windows 10’ and ‘HP Wireless Printer Setup Mac’ in this post. We hope that you are able to set up your printer successfully by following the above instructions.