Wireless Brother printer is offline:
Wireless Brother Printer has an “Offline,” status, it is not connected to other devices electronically, such as a laptop or desktop; it is able to connect to other devices while the printer is “Online,” A connection to other devices is important since, in order to print materials, the brother printer must obtain information from other devices. Your wireless Brother Printer may be classified as “Offline” because it is not switched on, it has errors such as empty toner, it is not configured as the default printer, or it has a communication issue with its USB cord or its network.
How to fix it?
STEP A: Verify that the wireless Brother device is turned on even if there are no errors:
The machine will not be turned on if the screen of your wireless Brother machine (hereinafter referred to as LCD) is blank. Test to see if the computer wakes up from sleep mode.
If it does not, make sure that it is attached to a working socket and that any power switches are switched ON.
NOTE: If the device can not be turned on, this approach would not apply. Troubleshooting this problem with electronics.
For any error messages, scan the LCD. “Paper Jam” or “Ink/Toner Empty” would offer an example. If an error occurs on the LCD, troubleshoot the error to delete the indicated problem.
IN SHORT :
If it experiences errors such as “Offline” or “Toner Empty” both of which will prevent printing, your Brother Printer could be classified as “Paper Jam,” Brother suggests that you scan the LCD panel of the printer for any potential error messages. If you see an error message, consider remediating the error before reviewing the online state of the printer again.
STEP B: Check that your wireless brother printer is attached to your computer:
Make sure the cable is attached to both the printer and the device if you have a USB cable.
Try attaching it to the device directly and not through a hub.
Be sure the cable is wired to both the printer and the router/access point by using an Ethernet cable.
To search the IP address, print a network setup list.
Print the Network Setup Tab to search the IP address while using a wireless link.
Go to Step C if the issue continues.
STEP C (Windows): Make sure the default printer is set to your Brother machine:
If it is not configured as the default printer on your computer, your wireless Brother printer will be “Offline”. The default printer is the printer that immediately sends a print job to your laptop or device (unless otherwise specified) when you press “Print.” If your wireless Brother printer is not the default printer, your computer might be attempting to connect to another printer. In the “Devices” section of your screen, you will make your brother printer the default. You must re-install the wireless brother printer driver from a CD-ROM or Brother’s website if it is not identified as a product in the devices section.
Follow these steps to fix it:
- Open the printer folder and make sure the wireless Brother computer icon has a checkmark:
(Windows 8 or later)
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
- Click Start > Devices and Printers.
- If your wireless Brother printer does not have a checkmark, right-click the Brother machine icon and pick Set as the default printer.
STEP D (Windows): Clear all print jobs from the Printers and Printers window:
- Right-click the Brother icon > View print > Printer > Cancel All Documents.
2.If you see the grey color of Cancel All Documents below, press open As Administrator. Enter an administrator’s password and press Yes.
STEP E (Windows): In the Devices and Printers window, verify the status of a printer
If the printer status is Offline
- Right-click the wireless Brother printer /Machine icon > View What’s Printing > Printer > Use Offline Printer > Use Offline Printer (remove the checkmark)
- If you see a greyed out Use Printer Offline, press Open As Administrator. Input a password for your administrator, and then press Yes.
If the printer status is Paused
- Right-click the Brother Machine icon > Print See > Printer > Print Pause > Print Pause (remove the checkmark).
- If you want to grey out Pause Printing, press Open As Administrator. Enter an administrator’s password and press Yes.
STEP F (Windows): If a copy of the icon of your Brother machine is listed in the Computers and Printers (For example Brother XXX-XXXX (Copy 1))
You will create a copy of your wireless brother printer with the same brother printer name if:
- The wireless Brother printer is connected to a separate USB port on the motherboard.
- The same wireless brother printer driver has been mounted a number of times.
This results in certain copies of the driver of your wireless printer not working properly. To print, pick a driver for a printer that you know is running.
Do the following steps to verify which printer driver is working:
- Turn on your wireless Brother printer /Computer. If there are some other devices associated, just switch the Brother machine you want to use on.
- Open Folder for Printers:
(Windows 8 or LATER)
- Open the Control Panel
- Click Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
Click Start > Devices and Printers.
3. Hover the cursor over the printer icon before you see the pop-up for the printer status.
4.If you choose to print using this wireless brother printer at all times, right-click the system icon and pick Set as the default printer. The checkmark will appear on the machine’s icon and this printer driver will be chosen automatically when you next print.
STEP G (Windows): If the issue still going on…
The problem regarding USB Cable or Network
“Offline” The cable may have something wrong with its hardware if you connect to your wireless brother printer through a USB cable; Brother prefers USB cables that have twisted-pair wiring, are shielded and are not more than 6 feet long. The network could be down or firewall-protected if you connect to your printer using a network; Brother advises checking the router or hub of your network, checking the firewall configuration of your device to ensure that it does not obstruct the network link, and performing diagnostics of network connections.
Here’s how I made this article on wireless brother printer and fix its problems if you like it, To get more articles more information regarding gadgets visit our main site CLICK HERE
to buy wireless brother printers you can visit HERE